Help your little one exercise her mind and body by trying out these 101 fun activities for 5- to 8-year-olds.
1. Make a batch of homemade play dough.
2. Go on a nature walk and collect leaves or rocks.
3. Move the furniture around so your little gymnast can practice his tumbles.
4. Play “Go Fish.”
5. Read a classic children’s book out loud together.
6. Make a fort out of blankets and pillows.
7. Plant flowers in the garden.
8. Camp out in the back yard.
9. Learn to ride a bike.
10. Go berry picking.
11. Bake a pie using your freshly picked berries.
12. Build a model airplane.
13. Grab some binoculars and go bird-watching.
14. Learn how to play the recorder.
15. Make sock puppets.
16. Press flowers and put them in a scrapbook.
17. Learn how to knit.
18. Visit your local zoo.
19. Observe insects through a magnifying glass.